Friday, June 19, 2015

Review of "The Cellist of Sarajevo"

Hey Everyone, I'm back like a bad penny. Just can't get rid of me. I've been reading a lot in the last year and I'm finally going to start blogging about some of the great books I've read. The latest in my book club has been "The Cellist of Sarajevo" by Steven Galloway. First of all I want to say that the man has put some real work into this novel. Although it is a novel and not the exact truth he gives us an understanding of what it's like when a city is under siege. I'm not sure we could understand the snipers up on the beautiful mountains that once entertained the Olympics but he gives us a great description of what it's like to be shot at. The main theme of the book is about a wonderful cellist by the name of Vedran Smailovic that played Albinoni's Adagio in G Minor for 22 days at the site where 22 friends and neighbors were killed by a mortar blast while waiting in a bread line. There is Arrow that is to protect him with her sniper talents which caused a real adrenaline rush for me. If you've read any of my books you would understand why. Overall I thought it was a good read. Short, sweet and most of the time to the point. I'm not a guy that likes a lot of descriptive stuff clouding what is really going on. This goes a little far at times but I think a lot of people would really like it. In other words it's worth the time. Talk soon, Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment