Thursday, April 7, 2011

Trouble on the High Seas

Hey,

Just letting everyone know that the novel is coming along slowly. I get to this part of any book and it always seems to drag at around the 200 page mark. I guess the grind gets to be a grind right in there when I can't see the end and the middle is muddling around trying to break free. My protagonist characters are always biting off more than they can chew and sometimes they have to pay for their egos and then sometimes no matter what they do they're caught and can't find their way out of whatever is going to happen.
This time Jena and Ross are caught in Mexico not being able to get out because their vehicles have either been destroyed or not enough room in the others. They're trying to get out on horse back and it seems aircraft fly faster than horses can run. It's not looking good for them. It is the last novel of this series so I'm thinking that maybe they should die in a blaze of glory but it's hard for me to do that. I like happily ever after endings. It's the middles that are full of blood and guts.

Talk soon,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment