Thursday, December 22, 2011


Hey I'm back,

Again it's been a while since I've written but I'm making a New Years resolution. Oh crap I just didn't say that did I. Well I did and I'm not going for the back space bar. I mean it and that's all I'm going to say about it because the "proof is in the pudding" as my momma used to say. God bless that woman's soul for putting up with me and all my "shenanigans" as my father used to say and I'm not going to God bless him because he didn't put up with my "shenanigans".
Hey I wanted to tell you that I just got through reading "Operation Dark Heart". The acronyms were overwhelming but I muddled through constantly going back to the legend to keep pace with where he was and kind of where I was.
A little dry for me but I understood what he was trying to say and why. Why he thinks how important the Afghanistan war is and why it's necessary that we should win the hearts of the people and keep Karzai in power from a "Spook's" point of view. It's insightful and gives a good detailed account of what goes on over there.
I'm not normally a reader of nonfiction accounts of anything but the jacket looked good and it kept my interest enough for me to wade through it. It's not a fast read but it's interesting and something we should all take an interest in. We need to each make a decision for ourselves whether in this next upcoming election whether we take on Ron Paul's isolationism and line ourselves up with the Constitution or the very right hard line of "kill the bastards" that killed almost as many in Pearl Harbor. Our friends and neighbors and loved ones.
We can also look to the middle road for someone that can serve and protect. Don't know who he or she is yet but I'll get back to you.

Talk soon,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment