Friday, December 23, 2011


Lesson #2:

Hey There;

I hope everyone understands why I'm giving English Grammar lessons. First to teach myself and second with the advent of LOL and OMG I think it's about time we get our language back so that there are no misunderstandings of translation. It seems to me this causes great problems everywhere.
One of the supposed sentences that gives me chills is when someone says; "You want to go with."
How many things are wrong there! Do I want to go with who, where? Finish the damn sentence you lazy bums.
Lesson #2: This is taken from the Grammar book of Gary Lutz and Diane Stevenson.
Verbs and Tenses:
Verbs are complicated parts of speech. Their parts, forms, and attributes can be categorized and classified in many ways. At the most basic level, verb stems ( be in to be, run in to run) change -- or, are conjugated-- to match the subject in number (singular or plural) and to indicate the time (past, present, or future) when the action of the verb occurs.

Isn't that a mouthful but understandable. Thanks for taking the time to read and understand lesson #2.

Talk soon
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment