Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hey There,

Okay enough about politics and the world. I have just started another book by Elizabeth Peters. It's one that I've already read but to tell the truth as soon as I started it I knew I had to read it again. She's one of those writers I can't put down and the pleasure it gives me to read her words is beyond what I can put on paper. I am truly mesmerized and taken thousands of miles to the Vally of the Kings in Egypt. Her British style of writing makes everyone come alive from Amelia to Emerson, Ramses and Nefret and of course the twins.
My heart calms and my adrenaline settles to a mild roar and my eyes see the conversations and the mystical artifacts and hieroglyphics that Ramses so intelligently transcribes. If you ever get the chance to read her it is a must on every one's reading list. They are stories that astroproject you back in time along with a great cast of characters.

Talk soon,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment