Monday, August 2, 2010

Crucial but slow

For those of you that don't write I have another tidbit of information that may make sure you never do. Of course if you're a real writer and you have to do it no matter what, then this won't matter, either because you never intend to publish your work or because you want it published so bad that it doesn't make any difference the kind of pain you have to go through to make it happen.
Editing. Oh god I pray that one day I have enough money that I can pay someone to sift through all my crap that I write and make some sense out of it instead of me. I want so bad to start on my next novel. Ross is calling me to the written page. He keeps yelling at me in my head asking "When? you wasted human flesh. Stop that silly crap and get on with my life. I'm sitting in this neuron waiting and all you can do is make sure the damn comma is right. Holy God Almighty Stop!!!"
But I can't. It's part of the process of the pain it takes to make your soul suffer enough to write the Pulitzer or at least something that everyone will love to read. Damn I've got to get back to work. I have 15 novels waiting for me to edit and then there's Ross in my head. Actually he needs to shut up because the amount of crap that he's going to go through just to stay alive is mesmerizing.
Did you hear that idiot.

Talk soon.
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment